Effective January 6 , 2011
Welcome to the JoC Exchange website, www.jocexchange.com
JoC Exchange Inc. (“we”) has created the JoC Exchange service and the website as an online marketplace for customers to buy and sell excess shipping container capacity. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and protect information about you as you visit the public pages of the site or, once a customer or a representative of a customer, how you access and use restricted areas.
Information We Collect About You
We rely on the information you or the customer you represent provide to us:
- When you fill out a form or contact us for information or comment about the JoC Exchange Service.
- The JOC Exchange will conduct a review of potential customers against certain US and international “watch lists,” such as the US Specially Designated Nationals List, Denied Persons List, Debarred Parties List and other EU and/or UN lists published by the relevant authorities.
- When you complete an agreement to become a customer or register as the authorized representative of a customer.
- When a customer that you represent provides authorization information for you or contacts us about you.
Non-obvious Data Collection
Our server logs may collect information about visits and system capabilities as you access and use the websites and pages covered by this Notice. We do not routinely associate such data with you except for investigative purposes as specifically described below.
How We Use Information About You
We may use information about you in any of the following ways:
- To respond to your questions or requests for information.
- To provide the services or information you or a client company you represent requests, or to determine your eligibility for our services.
- To manage accounts and billings.
- To understand how you and the company you represent use our websites and respond to our email campaigns.
- To evaluate and improve our websites and services.
- To contact you directly about your use of an account or service.
- To protect the integrity of our services and the secured areas of our websites.
- For any other purpose we tell you visitors and customers about when we you submit information to us.
Choice and Access
You may disable or block any cookies (and so, any associated web beacons) by using the tools available in most browsers. [If registering for the JoC Exchange website, you may choose whether to activate automatic recognition of your pc based on the placement of a persistent cookie that identifies your pc. If you choose not to accept that persistent cookie, or to delete it at any time, you will simply be asked to re-enter your log on credentials each time you access the website.]
You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by following the directions at the bottom of marketing emails we send you.
If you request that your name be removed from all our data bases, we may not be able to do so completely for legal and records management reasons.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We reserve the right to disclose your name and information about you.
- To investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of our services.
- To protect our assets or rights.
- To the customer you represent if that company requests that we do so.
- In response to valid legal process.
- As part of a merger or acquisition by or transfer to a third party of some or all of our business assets.
We may associate log data with information that identifies you if necessary for any of these purposes, except in connection with a transfer of our business assets.
Our services are directed to business professionals and not intended for children 12 or under.
We use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use and we require third parties that process personal information on our behalf to do so as well. No transmission over the Internet or electronic storage can be guaranteed completely. As a result, while we strive to protect personal information we make no warranty or guarantee.
You can help protect the security of your personal information. Please keep your passwords secure and do not share the use of your account with other individuals.
JoC Exchange Inc. is affiliated with UBM Global Trade, a subsidiary of United Business Media ltd. We collect and process information on servers around the world.
We will post and date any changes to this Notice. Please check here periodically. Your continued use of the websites and activities covered by this Notice constitutes your acceptance of the practices in place at the time of your use.
How To Contact Us
For questions or comments about this Notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to UBM Global Trade, Attn: UBM Legal, 350 Hudson Street, New York, New York, 10014.